Updated Covid-19 Response
Hey folks. I’m sure that you’re probably tired of hearing about the pandemic and its impact on…well…everything. A week ago we put out a public statement regarding our Covid-19 response. I’m here today to provide you with an update to that policy and talk about how we as a community can work together to mitigate the impact of the virus on each other and on local businesses that we know and love.
Modified Store Hours and Events
Effective Monday, March 16th, all in store events are cancelled through the end of March. We’re taking the next few weeks to assess the spread of the virus, and we’ll update this post if and when we have more information for you.
Temporary New Store Hours: 11 AM – 7 PM | 7 Days a Week
During this time, use of our gaming space is also going to be temporarily suspended. We love having folks in our space, but right now we have to just be a store.
Community Support Suggestions
In the light of all of this, we do expect to have a really slow revenue month. We’re hoping that folks will take some of the following suggestions to help not just us out, but some of our friends and neighboring stores during this crisis:
- Take care of yourself! The best thing you can do for us and the community is to stay safe and practice good sanitation. Washing your hands. Use Hand Sanitizer when you can’t. Don’t go out if you have a cough, fever, or chest congestion.
- Shop Local! If you can, please don’t just pivot to large online retailers. Call us or use our website where you can to purchase stuff from us.
- Ask for special orders. During this period a lot of our reorders are going to be a lot leaner than we normally would do. If you want something specific, please ask us to order it for you. It doesn’t cost you anything up front, and it helps us target what we’re buying and keep our bottom line as low as possible.
- Shipping Subscriptions is something we do. If you’re a subscriber or consumer of comics, we can definitely do this for you. Just reach out to us via email or by phone and we can hook you up through the store’s web interface.
- Tip Generously. I know we don’t take tips, but if you’re shopping at a place that does (like some of those nice local eateries that are trying to stay afloat) please tip as generously as you can. Local staff are looking at shorter hours and smaller paychecks and tips go a long way towards helping with that.
- Take time for self-care. I know I just said that up at the top of these suggestions, but really – do some self-care. Get some exercise. Eat healthy. Drink plenty of water. Maybe find a game or a comic to read that takes you out of this world for a while. Stress effects your body’s immune response just as much as failing to take adequate physical precautions.
I know this is a scary time. I’m terrified of what this means for the store and the business in the short term. But I’m also looking towards the long term, and I think we’ll be okay. Caution and care must continue to outweigh fear, and we must absolutely work together as a community to support those among us with the fewest resources to cope.
Please do your part, and thank you for reading.
Owner, Manager, Phoenix Comics and Games