Our buylist for Magic singles is now open! Interested in selling us Magic cards? Here's a rundown of how the process works here at Phoenix, as well as a short FAQ.
If you're interested in selling cards here at Phoenix, here's how you do it:
- Create an account on our website and log into that account.
- Visit our buylist page and start adding cards. You can choose from either cash or store credit options.
- When adding cards, make sure you select the appropriate set and condition. Please note that at this time, we are not buying cards below lightly played condition.
- Once you're finished, submit the buylist to let us know you're planning to bring the cards over.
- Drop the cards off with us, and wait for us to review them within 3 days of placing the buy list order. Orders that linger beyond that will be automatically declined.
- When you drop off the cards, we'll have a short form to fill out that will ask for your name, email, phone number and a copy of a government issued photo ID.
- If we accept your buylist order, we'll automatically apply any store credit to your account in-store! Cash offers over $50 will have a check written. Cash offers under $50 will be paid out of one of our tils.
Phoenix Buylist Policies
Updated October 1, 2022.
We have some policies and procedures in place to ensure that the purchases we make here at Phoenix are 100% on the up and up. When you place a buylist order over our website, please bear in mind the following policies and requirements:
- Cards must be dropped off within 7 days of placing your buy offer.
- Photo ID and 2 forms of contact information (typically phone and email) are required and will be kept on file for future purchases.
- All buy orders are subject to a 3-5 day hold for verification.
- Prices are subject to change based on market conditions and how many cards we have on hand.
- We reserve the right to refuse cards for any reason.
- All card purchases are final.
- Cards submitted must be entered in the proper edition and condition. In the event cards are improperly submitted, we may adjust your order accordingly.
- In the event you have accidentally/unknowingly sent us a counterfeit card(s), we will notify you and destroy the card in accordance to US and Washington State laws prohibiting the sale of counterfeit goods.
- In the event that you have accidentally/unknowingly sent us cards found to have been part of a reported theft or stolen collection, we will notify you by email or phone and turn the cards over to the proper authorities.
Cards we decline to purchase must be picked up within 90 days from the date the buy offer is completed.
Card Buying FAQ
Interested, but have questions? Here's a few of the ones we've been asked pretty often!
Q: How much do you pay for cards?
A: For cards with a market value over $3, we pay 55% of that card's value in store credit, or 40% for cash. For cards under $3, we pay 25% for store credit, 15% for cash.
Please note: these numbers are subject to change based on the number of cards in our inventory and market conditions.
Q: What condition system do you use?
A: We use the TCGPlayer system for assigning cards a condition ranging from Near Mint (NM), Lightly Played (LP), Moderately Played (MP), Heavily Played (HP), or Damaged (DMG) based on the condition guide presented here:
Q: How does condition affect card prices at Phoenix?
A: For each grade below NM, we subtract 15% from a card's price (both selling and buying). For example a card worth $10 in NM condition will cost $8.50 if it's lightly played.
Q: How does store credit work at Phoenix?
A: Store credit is housed in our point of sale system's customer database, and is presently available for use for in store purchases only.
Q: How do I buy cards through y'all via the website with store credit?
A: At present, we ask that you email us a list of the cards you're looking to purchase. We'll put the list together internally, apply your store credit balance to the order, and notify you when it's finished. We're working on a way to apply store credit to your online account, but at present it's not fully bug-free.